photo banner1_zps38c3ac09.jpg photo banner2_zpsf710263a.jpg photo banner3_zpsa618be5d.jpg photo banner4_zps1a70726f.jpg photo banner5_zps4d8ad8b8.jpg

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday

I am sooo thankful for my sister this week.  Giving that we live 8 hours away from each other, we are only able to see each other 3-4 times a year.  
So, obviously I miss her terribly.  We try to talk once every two weeks but it sometimes just doesn't happen.  
It was to my pleasant surprise today to get a package in the mail from her.
My sister and I have always had our weird quirks:  Calling each other "Paco", turning every trip to the grocery store into a pirate hunt (driver is the captain, co-pilot is the first mate), and forcing me to give her a piggy back ride up the flights of stairs every Wednesday night before church. Our relationship is just so special and dear to me.  
But for the past few years, we've had many adventures as pirates.  My 18th and 20th birthdays were pirate themed.  She made me a legit pirate hunt this past year containing pirate maps, clues in glass bottles, pirate chests, and best of all, she navigated me around the course of the map in a wheel barrel.. eh, I mean a pirate ship ;) .  Over the Holiday season we found wooden carving of pirates that fight our personalities.  We bought them.  And I carry mine in my purse everywhere I go.  
But after this super stressful week.  I am just completely blessed to have such a loving family.  My parents came to visit and took me out to dinner.  My mother mailed me a valentines package. And my sister mailed me this SUPER awesome  pirate flag.  Now my apartment walls officially pledge my loyalty to the pirate gang my sister and I have formed.   And by gang, I mean just the two of us. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment