photo banner1_zps38c3ac09.jpg photo banner2_zpsf710263a.jpg photo banner3_zpsa618be5d.jpg photo banner4_zps1a70726f.jpg photo banner5_zps4d8ad8b8.jpg

Monday, January 14, 2013


Steph's ENCOURAGING Mondays..... 
              This weekend my parents visited me here in Indy. If you don’t know my hometown is in Evansville Indiana. So they traveled over 230 miles, just to come see me for two days. Oh and did I mention my younger sister is 37 weeks pregnant….(and very moody.) Although I just saw my family last weekend back home for Christmas break, they haven’t been up to Indy since they moved me in last summer. So this weekend was a good opportunity to show them what I’ve been up to and what I do on a normal basis. They finally got to see where I work, where I go to church, and what I do in my free time. The biggest struggle for my dad was not being able to watch tv while us girls got ready in the morning. Being a full time student and working part-time I don’t have time to watch television. (Sorry dad.) 
             On top of my family spending almost 4 hours in the car at night to come see me, they brought our dog Jack along for the ride.  Spending over 10 minutes in the car with Jack stresses me out enough with him running back and forth from window to window. (We need to invest in a doggy seatbelt.) Within the first 5 hours of my parents getting up here my dads car got towed. Which pushed our plan back a couple hours that morning. Once we got the car back we then decided to head into the city. In Evansville they don’t have Dunkin Donuts, so they were set on eating breakfast there. In the meantime my sister was craving chocolate milk…. and of course they were out. (Not a happy camper after that)  The plan for that night was to go visit where I work and then walk around the city and see all the pretty Christmas lights since they were still on display…. Once we were done eating it started pouring raining and we noticed that the lights had been taken down earlier that day. So we just decided to go back to the apartment instead.
            Although this weekend didn’t turn out like I planed, with my dads car getting towed, getting rained-in and not being able to show them the beautiful city at night, no cable, sister being pregnant, sharing one bathroom, and my parents having to sleep on a uncomfortable air mattress. Honestly wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. We got to relax and just enjoy each other’s company, watch a movie together (which hardly ever happens), and just talk. This weekend was  the last time the FOUR of us would spend  time together, before my nephew Eli is born. Life at the Wilhite home is going to become a little wild in the next coming months. I am truly grateful for the time I got to spend with my family. I know I don’t say it enough, but I truly do love spending time with them. We four butt-heads a lot, but to me that what keeps things interesting.


            So I ENCOURAGE you to spend more time with your families this year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment